Per virtualhost bandwidth/hitrate statistics for Apache

Anders Nordby anders at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 12 09:43:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 09:34:33AM -0500, John Nielsen wrote:
>> I just wonder if anyone has any good hints about software to use (Apache
>> module?) for fetching per-virtualhost statistics about bandwidth usage
>> and hitrates (hits per second) from Apache. I've been using mod_watch
>> for a while, to graph this with MRTG, but it's discontinued it seems.
>>
>> What do people use to measure statistics per virtualhost?
> I use Apache's logrotate and a separate log directory for each virtualhost. I
> have a script that runs from cron every day that runs the logs through
> webalizer and then cleans up logs older than a specified number of days. In
> fact (since I'm feeling like sharing), here it is:
> (..)

I guess I should have been more specific. I am looking for *realtime*
statistics/data, which means (for me) not to use the logs. Especially
what I look for is:

- hitrate (number of hits per second).

- bandwidth usage per virtual host (how much data is that site pushing
NOW).

- service time (if possible).

Squid does it. :-) Then again it has an integrated snmp daemon, which
unfortunately Apache does not. mod_watch works, but it is not supported
by its author anymore, and I had some trouble with it.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers,

--
Anders.