ISP Webfrontends for Management

Michael Schuh michael.schuh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 11:03:54 PDT 2007

Hi @list,

(i would answer to the list, not to the persons only)

First thanks for the suggestions.

Now my personal opinions:
I like solutions that ar small, smart and easy to administrate/update.
Such as syscp. But syscp doesn't have all the functionality that i like.
dtc looks very good, but have tons of dependencies that are not really
needed.
raqdevil shold be a good solution if it get installed right, but it doesn't
in a jail.

webin is overloaded, while the customer from me doesn't like a fully system
management, and in the last twelve years of my experiences with
linux/freebsd
i have many many boxes seen that have been cracked and misused as
mailgateways/streamingservers
or public ftpservers from crackers. because the updates from webin are not
all times
maked fast enough.

qmail is good but for me it is a little bit to complex to handle,
i prefer combinations such as
named(bind9)/postfix/sa/dspam/cyrus-imap(also with murder-config) or courier
or dovecot for small
enviroments. for Databases i like to prefer postgresql before mysql and
apache or lightttpd.

And that are the components that i have to manage over a single webfrontend.
So that at this moment syscp is the only one that can handle this and only
this,
not more and not less, but it lacks of support for sa/dspam.
ok dspam brings his own webfrontend but sa not and sa is very complex
to configure while it has tons of features......so i think about it to leave
it out from
the box and use only dspam.....

the webfrontends for cyrus are not really good IMHO

thanks for your suggestions

regards

michael

--
=== m i c h a e l - s c h u h . n e t ===
Michael Schuh

=== Ust-ID: DE251072318 ===