dspam + postfix spam gateway

Ion-Mihai IOnut Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 24 01:11:44 PDT 2006

 [ please keep original recipients when replying ]

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:24:31 -0500
Bob Martin <bob at buckhorn.net> wrote:

> I've never done it with dspam, at least alone, but you should be able
> to find tons of info on mail gateways with postfix + amavisd running
> clamav and spamassassin & dspam.

Which is not likely to help him, because of his dspam specific
problems. (AFAIR "quarantine" is handled by amavis in all the examples
I saw).

> The set up above will handle very large volumes of email.
>
> Also, you don't want to rely solely on Bayesian filters for spam
> control. The spammers figured out how to get by that ages ago.

I strongly disagree in case of a trained dspam instalation.

Jeff, send me the details of you dspam installation and I'll try to
help when I get home tonight.

Without facts, the decision cannot be made logically.  You must
rely on your human intuition.
		-- Spock, "Assignment: Earth", stardate unknown