Very strange kernel panic with 6.1-Release

Sten Daniel Sørsdal lists at wm-access.no
Mon Nov 27 00:25:08 PST 2006

rtsit wrote:
> The last time I retrieved "src-all" with cvsup, I ran
> a  "make buildworld" then a "make buildkernel" a "make
> installkernel" and "a mergemaster -p" and a "reboot"
>
> I did all of this remotely, and the box never came
> back.
>
> Is it possible to CVSup a box from remote?  My box is
> a 2 hour drive from me.

I'm not a hundred percent certain about this but i understood it to be
safer by;
make buildworld && make buildkernel && make installkernel && reboot
then;
make clean && make buildworld && mergemaster -p && \
make installworld && mergemaster -i && reboot

i think it has something to do with requiring certain kernel functions
during buildworld.

--
Sten Daniel Sørsdal