(no subject)

Tyrone.VanDerHaar at TelecityRedbus.se Tyrone.VanDerHaar at TelecityRedbus.se
Tue May 30 07:30:33 PDT 2006

Can anyone explain to me why I can't get my CARP interfaces up again after changing the spanning-tree version on our customer switch?

We have 2x switches connected to our freebsd routers and a fibre link between the switches.

Customer have a port on each switch going to a third switch and between the 3 switches we have spanning tree running for redundant paths.

I changed the spanning-tree on the customer switch (switch 3) and now my carp interface look like this

carp135: flags=49<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING> mtu 1500

        inet xxx.xxx.xxx.2 netmask 0xffffff00

        carp: MASTER vhid 7 advbase 1 advskew 100

carp135: flags=49<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING> mtu 1500

        inet xxx.xxx.xxx.2 netmask 0xffffff00

        carp: MASTER vhid 7 advbase 1 advskew 0

I tried changing it back to the original spanning-tree but it still doesn't work

$ sysctl net.inet.carp

net.inet.carp.allow: 1

net.inet.carp.preempt: 1

net.inet.carp.log: 1

net.inet.carp.arpbalance: 0

net.inet.carp.suppress_preempt: 0

FreeBSD  6.1-RC1 FreeBSD 6.1-RC1 #0: Wed Apr 26 16:02:45 UTC 2006     root@:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/CLOWNFISH  i386

TeleCityRedbus Sverige
Visit: Mariehällsvägen 36

Address: P.O.Box 20165, 161 02 Bromma, SWEDEN
Phone: +46 8 799 38 00 - Direct: +46 8 799 38 07
Email: tyrone at telecity.se

Internet: http://www.telecity.se <http://www.telecity.se/>

TelecityRedbus is an ISO 9001:2000 & BS7799 certified company
Winner - Best Practice in Network and Infrastructure Security 2005, Aberdeen Group

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees named above and may be confidential.
If you are not an addressee you must not use any information contained in nor copy it nor inform any person other than the addressees of its existence or contents.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the IT department on +44 207 001 0090