pptp server and "how many clients"

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu May 18 07:33:47 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 06:18:00AM +0300, Todor Dragnev wrote:
> On freebsd I use MPD + netgraph and have random drop or rejecting of
> connection when system is heavy loaded,  can't reach more than 500
> connections.

At 500 connections, what exactly do you see? Does the server log particular
error messages when the next client tries to connect? If the connections are
rejected (rather than blackholed), does the client get a particular error
message back?

It may be that you've just hit some resource limit - FDs for example. But
perhaps someone else with more experience of mpd and heavy usage can talk
about this.