Sendmail/SASL2/saslauthdb problem

jflowers jflowers at ezo.net
Mon Jun 12 11:29:17 UTC 2006

Nibbed in here without reading the rest of the thread as I just finished
debugging some dovecot SASL.  On FreeBSD mmencode can't be used, even with
printf for 'auth plain' because it can't handle the null (\0) characters
required.  At least I couldn't figure out how to do it. My solution was to use
perl with MIME::Base64 installed as in:

perl -MMIME::Base64 -e 'print
encode_base64("user\@domain.tld\0user\@domain.tld\0password");'

mmencode -u can be used to test the encoding as there are no nulls:

perl -MMIME::Base64 -e 'print
encode_base64("user\@domain.tld\0user\@domain.tld\0password");'
| mmencode -u

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 05:13:17 -0400, Rob Szarka wrote

Jim Flowers <jflowers at ezo.net>