Linux binary of Apache/PHP ...

Tobias Roth roth at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Jan 15 02:43:53 PST 2006

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 12:16:19AM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Does anyone know *what* is involved in setting this up under FreeBSD?  I
> have a client that purchased a Linux license for PHPLib (his old hosting
> company was Linux based), and I've email'd PHPLib and there is no way of
> 'changing' the license ...

This may not be what you want to hear, but you should instist on them
changing the license. Call them. Ask for the boss. Then ask why such
a simple thing as switching is not possible. Promise them a written
agreement that you will destroy the old license once you received the
new one, and maybe offer to renew the license in advance, if the
license is limited.

The exact thing happened to us a few weeks ago, with a different product.
We received an email stating that the license is not changable, because
if they'd change it, we would surely not delete the old license and so on.
This was after we already sent a written agreement that we would not
continue using the old license. So basically, they were accusing us of
cheating, despite that we already bought their product. A phone call to
their boss surely cleared things up quickly.

Good luck, Tobias