freebsd router

ann kok annkok2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 19:16:14 PST 2006

Hi all

I think this group might be correct to ask the
performance of freebsd as router

I have run freebsd 4.11 as router for 3 years. I like
freebsd because it is more stable and its security.
Recently, the bandwidth grows to stop about 383M in
mrtg graph and have packet loss when it reaches to
370M

I am trying to use freebsd 6.0. Could you help how to
tune the freebsd to have high network throughput? I
test the throughput by ipref software. the max is
about 390M

I configure polling, loader.conf and use the  Intel(R)
Pentium 3.0 Hz, intel Giga em0, sata drive with 2G
memory

Thank you for your help