Network Monitoring

Michael W. Oliver michael at gargantuan.com
Wed Jan 4 07:07:37 PST 2006

On 2006-01-04T15:57:15+0100, Jon Otterholm wrote:
> Ug!
>
> What monitor system should I choose to monitor servers, routers and
> switches? It must be able to send alarms via SMS - i have a
> sms-modem/phone connected to com-port (Nokia 30).

Nagios for monitoring, Cacti for stats.  Works like a champ.

For the SMS stuff, I actually use the port misc/smssend with Nagios and
it works very well with AT&T/Cingular.  I haven't done the com-port
thingy, but I am sure that others have.  ISTR hearing something about
gnokii...

--
Mike Oliver
[see complete headers for contact information]