question about front page server extensions on freebsd

Steven H. Baeighkley stevenb at frii.com
Mon Aug 7 15:56:27 UTC 2006

I have perused the mailing lists and some google searches but I haven't
found an answer to this yet. It would seem that MS has pulled support
from frontpage server extensions for UNIX as of June 30, 2006.

http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport/index.asp

 From what I gather rtr was recommended by some users as a potential
solution to the FP extensions on FreeBSD question. This article seems to
indicate that you can't redistribute binaries already downloaded so we
don't seem to be able to get a hold of them anymore. Since fp2000 server
extensions won't work with fp2002 extensions it doesn't look like the
older sytem will work either. So the question I have is what are people
doing to solve this problem now? We have a windows web server, but would
like to run everything on freebsd since the rest of our operation runs
on it. Are we dead in the water and stuck with our MS solution or is
there something else out there that is filling this need?

thanks
Steve B

--
---
Steven H. Baeighkley - Systems Administrator