freebsd-isp Digest, Vol 117, Issue 4

Abu Khaled khaled.abu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 14:23:45 GMT 2005

On 6/16/05, Remy de Ruysscher <remy at unix-asp.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm struggeling with the setup of Reverse Proxy (Squid) for our
> serverfarm. Is it possible to preserve the orginal IP address
> in the logs on the destinator webserver (Apache access-logs). If not all
> connections are comming from the Squid Proxy.
>
> If seen a number of patches for Squid, but haven't dived into it yet.
> Any tips on this matter are most welcome ;).
>
> Regards,
>
> Remy.

I found this sometime ago while trying to configure my apache log files.

Check apache mod_log_config documentation.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_log_config.html

Inserting X-Forwarded-For for apache access-logs might help.
# start
LogFormat "%v %{X-Forwarded-For}i %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" common
CustomLog logs/access_log common
# end

--
Kind regards