Radius server with web/gui interface

Abu Khaled khaled.abu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 08:36:40 GMT 2005

On 6/16/05, Marcin Jessa <lists at yazzy.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:04:24 +0300
> Abu Khaled <khaled.abu at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > you can mod the icradius cgi interface to work with freeradius,
> > > works fine.
> > >

> > Very interesting.  How much modification is required?
> > When it comes to setting up a icradius/freeradius, mysql and apache
> > then I can do it. I know only the basics of c/perl/php/... (Just how
> > to write a Hello World and sometimes I need help writing one), so any
> > help is appreciated
> >

> I thought you didnt want to run freeradius becouse of the security issues.
> And now all the sudden it became secure becouse of a different web interface?
> And dialupadmin would work fine, you dont need to recode interface of icradius.
> Email thompsa at FreeBSD.org and ask him if he's working on new port of freeradius 1.0.3.
> If not, I can do that.

Hello Marcin.

A web interface change is not going to affect my choice of not
installing freeradius 1.0.2. It is just a fact that my co-admins
already used icradius web interface so why not give them something
they know how to use.

Dialupadmin looks interesting and I might use it myself. Another admin
in my network only uses mysql and never used a web interface or GUI
for anything but we lack the knowledge and time to write a web
interface.

If we had freeradius already running on our server, then it would have
been running and not removed just for a security issue. It has always
worked that way. However, since this is a new server we would like to
avoid baby-sitting the new installation and focus on already running
servers.

Anyways after discussing various issues with them, we agreed to wait
for Andrew to update freeradius to 1.0.4.

--
Kind regards
Abu Khaled