Radius server with web/gui interface

Marcin Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Wed Jun 15 21:57:16 GMT 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:35:29 -0600 (MDT)
Diana Eichert <deichert at wrench.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Abu Khaled wrote:
>
> > Can you guys recommend a Radius server with a good web or gui interface.
> > I searched the ports and found Freeradius but it would not build. A
> > security issue with the SQL module. The icradius port is gone, I used
> > it in the past on Redhat but it looks like it is no longer updated
> > (August 6, 2003 on sourceforge site).
>
> we use the commercial RADIUS server Radiator along with the companion
> Radmin app in our environment.
>
> diana

Yeah and that gives you absolutelly no possibility to add/remove/change the features of your Radmin.
You'd need to write your own admin app for that.
And why not doing this for freeradius which is very feature rich, free and with source code avaliable for quality inspection.
The only reason to use commercial soft is to be able to get commercial support.
And that gives you no guarantee their software is free for bugs.
I doubt anyone checks for Radiator security risks as they do for freeradius.

Cheers,
Marcin.