preventing a user to start a process

Gustavo A. Baratto gbaratto at superb.net
Mon Jul 25 20:31:19 GMT 2005

Use php safe_mode. This will prevent the execution of external commands from
php. Depending on you what you mean by "usable", this may be a problem.

Or make sure php doesnt allow uploads to /tmp or /var/tmp (disable FTP in
PHP). This will prevent the ircs or any other scripts to be uploaded in the
first place.