Frontpage extensions?

Joe Rhett jrhett at meer.net
Wed Jan 12 20:30:57 PST 2005

Um, not so quick.

1. The microsoft supplied binaries (and www/frontpage port) require
compat3x libraries, which have known vulnerabilities and are forbidden.
You must get the rtr.com ones. (same file name, different compilation)

2. They changed an images path in the different compilations, so you'll
have to s/WTI_ADM/WTI_BIN/ on fpstatic.c for www/mod_frontpage to work
correctly.

I've submitted patches for both of these, but the patch maintainers aren't
paying attention apparently.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 07:04:36PM -0500, Simon wrote:
> Search the archives, you should find great number of posts regarding this
> topic discussed in detail. Also look here:
>
> http://www.rtr.com/fp2002disc/_disc2/tocproto.htm
>
> The extensions work fine given they are implemented correctly and should
> cause no problem as long as the user doesn't directly modify/remove files
> which are part of FP extensions. I've tested apache 2.x with the latest FP
> extensions, no problems.
>
> -Simon
>
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:57:48 -0500 (EST), Gerald wrote:
>
> >So I've dodged this question for quite a while, but someone asked me to
> >look in to frontpage extensions again. Before shooting off my standard
> >response (Get a dedicated server for it.) I figured I'd ask.
> >
> >Anyone use mod_frontpage in the ports yet? What's new in the frontpage
> >extensions world?
> >
> >I've maintained FPE in IIS 5 and FPE for apache back when you had to do
> >the command line song and dance for each new site (Around 2001). Luckily
> >I haven't had to deal with it since early 2002.
> >
> >Thanks for the insight or horror stories.
> >
> >Gerald

Joe Rhett
Senior Geek
Meer.net