DSL

Erik at Microcontroller.nl erik at microcontroller.nl
Tue Jan 4 12:58:23 GMT 2005

ah, you have another network with you ip range?
so you could indeed route outbound traffic through the dsl lines,
that would be easy to setup.
But then you want to count the bandwidth, have a look at netstat

this wil give you the bytes out:  (where fxp0 is your nic)
netstat -b -I fxp0 | head -2 | tail -1 | awk '{ print $10; }'

this wil give you bytes in;
netstat -b -I fxp0 | head -2 | tail -1 | awk '{ print $7; }

you have to build some scripts around that to do the counting..

-Erik.