SpamAssassian with FreeBSD and Big Mail Server

Christian Damm christian.damm at diewebmaster.at
Wed Feb 23 20:33:40 PST 2005

Suporte Matik schrieb:
> On Wednesday 23 February 2005 19:48, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:51:28 +0100
>

>>>i use spamassassin only on small-/medium-sized MTA installations (its a
>>>memory/cpu hog i.m.h.o. but i like it) - on all my "bigger" systems i
>>>really prefer dspam (coded in straight C and fast as hell). it is used
>>>in some environments with 350,000 email users and scales really well (if
>>>you have the iron and experience to build/maintain such a
>>>system/cluster).
>>>
>>>http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/
>>
>>Also in ports: mail/dspam and mail/dspam-devel (updates for both in not
>>committed PRs).
>>

> Hi
> are you saying you got dspam standing 350K email accounts?

no - the dspam website says that (and also the author, jonathan a.
zdziarski). if you are interested in huge setups like this, there are
some guys on the dspam ML (mostly ISP admins) who really got some high
volume dspam environments up and running.

--

mfg.

christian damm
technische leitung
phone: dw 42
email: christian.damm at diewebmaster.at
icq at work: 124464652

die webmaster - flötzerweg 156 - 4030 linz - austria

phone: +43-732-381242
fax: +43-732-381242-22
isdn (leonardo): +43-732-381242-33

homepage: www.diewebmaster.at, public email: office at diewebmaster.at