Possible Problem With Apache

Emma Jukie kidjue at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 19 05:50:56 PST 2005

My partial httpd.conf file:

# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will
serve your
# documents. By default, all requests are taken from
this directory, but
# symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to
other locations.
#
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/cgi-bin"

#
# Each directory to which Apache has access, can be
configured with respect
# to which services and features are allowed and/or
disabled in that
# directory (and its subdirectories).
#
# First, we configure the "default" to be a very
restrictive set of
# permissions.
#
<Directory "/usr/local/www/cgi-perl">
        AllowOverride None
        Options None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        AuthName "Restricted Files"
        AuthType Basic
        AuthUserFile /usr/local/etc/httpd/users
        require valid-user
</Directory>

Also;

 Alias /cgi-perl/ /usr/local/www/cgi-perl/
    <Location /cgi-perl>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Apache::Registry
        PerlSendHeader on
        Options ExecCGI
    </Location>

    <Location /perl-status>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Apache::Status
        order deny,allow
        deny from all
        allow from 172.16.0.175
    </Location>
    #
    # ScriptAlias: This controls which directories
contain server scripts.
    # ScriptAliases are essentially the same as
Aliases, except that
    # documents in the realname directory are treated
as applications and
    # run by the server when requested rather than as
documents sent to the client.
    # The same rules about trailing "/" apply to
ScriptAlias directives as to
    # Alias.
    #
    # ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/www/cgi-bin/"

    #
    # "/usr/local/www/cgi-bin" should be changed to
whatever your ScriptAliased
    # CGI directory exists, if you have that
configured.
    #
    <Directory "/usr/local/www/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride None
        Options None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

</IfModule>
# End of aliases.

The perl files that get executed when the GUI comes up
are located under:
/usr/local/www/cgi-perl/

Hope this adds a little more insight!

Thanks,