only reload racoon.conf?

Patrik Forsberg patrik.forsberg at dataphone.net
Tue Dec 13 00:01:59 PST 2005

> > Sending a HUP to racoon will drop all tunnels and init again.
>
> Thanks for following up on this. If you're sure about the
> "drop all tunnels"
> part, than this is not what the original poster wanted, but
> is probably
> worth adding to the rc.d script anyway.

I myself aint a racoon user so this is pure third party information..

according to this
"<http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?racoonctl++NetBSD-current>" page
the racoonctl command is supposed to be able to reload the configuration
without killing the SAs, but it aint working accorind to the man page..

Futher the SF maillist archives suggest that they are working on it, old
thread from 2004, but I have no clue on if or when it is supposed to be
working..

Apparently there are some racoon-tools that install utils to do this(?)
but still this is pure third party information and a few minutes in
front of google...

Ofcourse this is pure fiction for me and Im not sure if it does help
anyone!

Regards,
Patrik