Questions (mostly TFTP)

Jay Banks jay.quest4 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 00:33:50 GMT 2005

Ok, maybe these are newbie questions, and you can feel sorry for my users,
but I am in a FreeBSD ISP (mostly WISP) environment, and I can't find the
answer to this stuff anywhere.

I wanted to activate my TFTP server today. Easy enough, just uncomment the
TFTP line from /etc/inetd.conf.

Well, there is no line to uncomment in my /etc/inetd.conf file. I have
looked high and low and I can't seem to find anyone else that has ever had
this problem.

Afraid to just add the line, when everywhere I read says it should be there
to begin with, I just decided to install a new TFTP server and be done with
it. Tried utftpd and tftp-hpa. But both crash on install with a libiconv
error:

cc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:174733: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline
inserted
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/converters/libiconv/work/libiconv-1.9.2/lib.
{standard input}:176833: Error: no such instruction: `mo'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/converters/libiconv/work/libiconv-1.9.2.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/converters/libiconv.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gettext.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gmake.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/ftp/tftp-hpa.
speedy1#

Anybody care to share with me the best way to get a TFTP server to run?

Thanks,

Jay Banks