MySQL Performance

James Ryan james at jpri.com
Tue Aug 2 14:46:08 GMT 2005

Try enabling slow query logging, as well as maybe try to isolate if the
load is coming from any particular query...

If you are performing joins on the 1k+ rows table, maybe MySQL has ran
out of memory and is copying the query results to a tmp table on the
disk.  Sometimes this can cause a jump in CPU usage...  You can
determine if this is the case by mysqladmin processlist; it will say
something like "Copying to tmp table".

Check for slow queries though...

Cheers,
James