NTop

Keith Woodworth kwoody at citytel.net
Wed Apr 27 19:23:38 PDT 2005

Started playing around with NTop the other day. Had it watching just the
local interface (fxp0) for testing. Its not a very powerful machine only a
PII.

As a test I threw 15Megs of traffic at it on another interface (fxp1) and
it completely bogged the machine down, dropping packets faster than a
bucket full of holes, which I sorta expected anyway.

So question is what is a good machine spec wise to be able to run Ntop at
about 100Megs of traffic? I guess faster is better and as much ram as I
can stuff into it.

Anyone else running Ntop? What kind of machine vs how much traffic are you
looking at?

thanks,
Keith