courier-imap

Christian Damm christian.damm at diewebmaster.at
Thu Apr 21 10:39:42 PDT 2005

Odhiambo Washington schrieb:
> * Christian Damm <christian.damm at diewebmaster.at> [20050421 11:51]: wrote:
>

>>Odhiambo Washington schrieb:

>>>This assumes that I use courier as the MTA, yes?
>>>
>>>In my case I only use the IMAP daemon. I use other MTA.
>>>

>>no, if you look at your PS output you`ll see 'couriertcpd' running -
>>regardless which part of the courier suite you are using ('couriertcpd'
>>is the courier suites generic tcp server)
>

> You are damn right!! Now I just need to give it ACLs, you mean??
> I need to find out HOW it is invoked and how I can pass it the arguments
> that will lead to the access control.

manpage

>>>Perhaps this one might be better. I will look into this.
>>>

>>method 1 is the best in any case imho.
>

> Have you used it before, by any chance? I could move quickly with some
> practical experience.

sorry, no i have not used 'couriertcpd'`s config options in the past
(even in big complex setups there is mostly no need to tweak it).

--

mfg.

christian damm
technische leitung
phone: dw 42
email: christian.damm at diewebmaster.at
icq at work: 124464652

die webmaster - flötzerweg 156 - 4030 linz - austria
phone: +43-732-381242, fax: +43-732-381242-22, isdn (leonardo):
+43-732-381242-33
homepage: www.diewebmaster.at, public email: office at diewebmaster.at