courier-imap

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Thu Apr 21 03:16:31 PDT 2005

* Christian Damm <christian.damm at diewebmaster.at> [20050421 11:51]: wrote:

> Odhiambo Washington schrieb:
> >* Christian Damm <christian.damm at diewebmaster.at> [20050421 00:08]: wrote:

> >>1.) you can use the courier-suites own tcp server (quite similar to the
> >>DJB tcp server), 'couriertcpd' - look into the manpage, it is able to do
> >>ip restrictions and much more.
> >

> >This assumes that I use courier as the MTA, yes?
> >
> >In my case I only use the IMAP daemon. I use other MTA.
> >

> no, if you look at your PS output you`ll see 'couriertcpd' running -
> regardless which part of the courier suite you are using ('couriertcpd'
> is the courier suites generic tcp server)

You are damn right!! Now I just need to give it ACLs, you mean??
I need to find out HOW it is invoked and how I can pass it the arguments
that will lead to the access control.

> >>2.) dont know if it is possible to compile courier imap aginst libwrap
> >>and use the tcp wrapper (hosts.allow).
> >

> >Perhaps this one might be better. I will look into this.
> >

> method 1 is the best in any case imho.

Have you used it before, by any chance? I could move quickly with some
practical experience.

        Best regards,
        Odhiambo Washington
	Systems Admin,
        Wananchi Online Ltd.

Are you hosting your domain name with the leaders??:
See http://webhosting.info/webhosts/tophosts/Country/KE

DISCLAIMER : http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/Email/disclaimer.txt
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Odhiambo WASHINGTON			. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)
 http://www.wananchi.com/email/		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,
 Mobile: (+254) 722 743 223		. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI
"It is a tremendous feeling to have a customer ask for you by name or tell
you that a customer referred him/her to you because of the level of customer
service you provided inspired that much confidence."

He who finds a wife finds what is good
and receives favor from the Lord.
        Proverbs 18:22