Antispam solutions

Jon Simola jsimola at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 09:21:07 PDT 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 8:00 AM, Phillip Salzman <phill at sysctl.net> wrote:

> So - my question is what some of you were using for ISP-based antispam, and
> do you know of a user-manageable quarantine for SA?  We have roughly 90k
> users and 11k domains.

Off the top of my head, run SpamAssassin in a tagging-only mode and
use something like maildrop to forward clean email to their email
account (on another server), and forward Spammish email to a seperate
quarantine box/cluster (which may be local to the SA servers). Then
they can peruse their quarantine account via some webmail app and
update their SA settings (from within the webmail).

if ((/^X-Spam-Flag:.*No/))
{
        to "user at clean.mail.example.com";
        exit;
}
to "/home/vpopmail/domains/spammish.example.com/user/Maildir/.";

I've never actually used any quarantine features as I've never had
access to any of the large filtering boxes, but I imagine you have to
go log in to them somehow, so a seperate quarantine webmail app sounds
logical to me.

--
Jon Simola
Systems Administrator