routing 2 T1s

Ziggy David Lubowa ziggy at trueafrican.com
Mon Apr 4 07:00:34 PDT 2005

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 06:27:26 -0700, Jim Pazarena wrote
> I will shortly be acquiring a second T1, along with it's own router
> as it's gateway. So I will have two gateway routers from my Telco
> each with their own /24 subnet. I will be splitting my equipment and
> clients across the two subnets.

++ What kind of router do you currently have ??

> I also have a bandwidth limiting appliance in my present T1, and
> will be adding a second bandwidth limiting appliance to the second
> T1.  http://www.netequalizer.com

++ Havent used a netequalizer before but most bandwidth managers i have come
across have like Lan extension modules which can be added and you have more
ports to plug into !!!

> I have 7 servers which the clients need access to, and to which I do
> not require bandwidth limiting. What's the best way to share these
> servers with the two Class-C's? I thought of installing dual NIC's
> in each server and plug them all into a common switch and let the ARP
> system figure it all out. Will this work? Is there a better way?

++ Run a dynamic routing protocol say like OSPF (off the routers) which has
your networks configured ,  and the appropriate routes will be propagated to
your clients.