ADSL via USB modem: connection setup?

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 22:55:15 PDT 2004

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 04:03:13 +0400, Andrey Chernov <ache at nagual.pp.ru> wrote:

> Could please somebody explain me or give pointers (URLs) how to setup
> ADSL via USB modem connection in FreeBSD?

Often USB DSL modems also have ethernet ports as an additional or
alternative way to connect to the modem.  If your DSL modem(s) do not
have ethernet and require USB, you'll need to connect the modem to a
computer with drivers available, e.g. Windows.  You could use Windows'
internet connection sharing (ICS) to then share the connection, though
I think you might find ICS reliablity poor enough to decide to get a
DSL modem with an ethernet port :)

Dave Hart