FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE: dhclient: send_packet: No buffer space available

Jason Heckathorn jason at emt-jason.us
Thu Sep 2 23:52:29 PDT 2004

I need some help troubleshooting one of our FreeBSD servers. Lately I have noticed the following errors on the console.  I would appreciate any assistance with resolving this problem.   The error messages are.

dhclient: send_packet: No buffer space available

swap_pager_getswapspace: failed

I have checked swapinfo and show no swap space being used.

Has anyone seen these errors and if so, what can be done to resolve it.

Thank you all in advance for the assistance.

Jason R. Heckathorn
Jr. Systems Administrator
OregonNet.com L.L.C.