SENDMAIL

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Tue Oct 5 07:34:02 PDT 2004

>   Subject: SENDMAIL
>

>   For us to provide a SENDMAIL SERVICE, we need help to configure our mail
>   server, using open source resources (no linux) with the capability to
> send up
>   to one million messages daily.

if you are just starting out, I suggest postfix at MTA as being much easier
to configure and admin than the other MTAs,

>Our server must be remotely automated to function flawlessly 24/7.

for that volume mail, I recommend multiple types of MTA configuration. One
MTA for MX (inbound), one MTA for outbound, another MTA for mailbox
storage. In fact, I would recommend putting content-scanning (ant-virus) on
a dedicated MTA.

1. MX sends inbound to 2.

2. AV
    a. sends inbound to 3.