Netgraph Fast Ether-Channel kernel module

Denis Guerrero dguerrero at cisdata.net
Mon Oct 4 17:19:31 PDT 2004

        I recently came across the documentation provided at
http://www.bsd-dk.dk/archives/2001/Mar/0027.html
for implementing the Netgraph Fast-Channel kernel module on FreeBSD
systems it works great. One thing that I have not been able to figure
out is how to change the mtu on the pseudo device to anything greater
than 1500(I want mtu 9000). If I do

#ifconfig fec0 mtu 1000  (this works if its any value less than 1500)

but, if I do

#ifconfig fec0 mtu 9000 (I get the following: " ifconfig: ioctl (set
mtu): Invalid argument ")

I also tried changing the "NG_FEC_MTU_Default  1500"  line in the
ng_fec.h file to

NG_FEC_MTU_Default  9000

and then do a build/install new kernel and build/install world. Still
have no success. I you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate
it.

HERE IS MY ENTIRE SCRIPT:
#! /bin/sh

echo "load module";
cd /usr/src/sys/modules/netgraph/fec/

kldload /usr/src/sys/modules/netgraph/fec/ng_fec.ko

echo "kldstat results";

kldstat

echo "create psuedo fec interfaces";

ngctl mkpeer fec dummy fec

echo "bind physical interfaces to pseudo devices";

ngctl msg fec0: add_iface '"em0"'
ngctl msg fec0: add_iface '"em1"'

echo "set capture mode for each pseudo interface";
ngctl msg fec0: set_mode_inet

echo "set all physical and pseudo interfaces to promiscuous mode";
ifconfig fec0 promisc
ifconfig em0 promisc
ifconfig em1 promisc

echo "bring up pseudos";