Fwd: FreeBSD 4.7 - 4.10 SCSI and IDE RAID

Andrew Karjagin Andrew.Karjagin at newmail.ru
Thu Nov 11 01:37:55 PST 2004

Hello!
I have a machine with one SCSI disk on Tekram 395U3W Symbios (as da0) and two IDE disks on Fasttrak-2000 RAID (as ar0).
When I install FreeBSD 4.7 or 4.10 RELEASE with root partition on SCSI disk and reboot, then system say me:

invalid partition
boot: 0:ad(0,a)/kernel

and doesn't booting. When I set:
boot: 1:da(0,a)/kernel

system booted successfully. What can I do to automate the process of booting?

I found this link http://www.svbug.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?comd=8+boot , but creating file /boot.config with text "1:da(0,a)" doesn't help me.