2 adsl connections load balancing with natd/ipfw

Mitch (bitblock) mitch at bitblock.com
Tue May 25 17:50:11 PDT 2004

Hi Joe!

I'd love to know more about this... I've got access to do just that, but
don't know where exactly to start... We use ADSL which is delivered over ATM
transport - we have mini FreeBSD boxes on the client site, and a FreeBSD box
as a router in the colo as gateway - we're setting it up to do mesh VPN
routing, and packet filtering, etc. but I guess we are in the right position
to set something like that up for anyone wanting more bandwidth...

The nature of the ATM transport is that A can see B and C can see B, but A
can not see C (atm path restrictions - it would have to be routed or bounced
off B, and although I've heard people mumble about /32 subnetting, I'm not
sure how that would work)

A--ADSL---\
          B --- Internet
C--ADSL---/