How do fix a good solution against spam..

Martin Jessa freebsd at yazzy.org
Wed May 12 19:02:35 PDT 2004

Hi.

To begin with this email should rather go to the ISP list.

My advice is to run Exim on your email gateway.
I've tested and ran postfix, messagewall, qmail+qmailscanner, mailscanner and exim is just the best stuff ever.
Not only it's way faster than perl based messagewall, amavisd and mailscanner etc but it also has neat stuff like making connections back to the sender's MX checking for validity of the sender's email.
Since most of the spam is sent with forged reply to address this is one heck of a anti-spam solution.
Aditionally you should use RBLs to check your emails, and regular expressions to filter out certain attachement types.
Spamassassin can use Bayesian classification to help you perform scanning more efficiently.
Search for razor in the ports too.
There are many howtos around about that.

I personally run Exim on my email router/gw and postfix on my "real" email server.

Cheers,
YazzY