Recommendation for "antivirus" software (MTA is qmail)

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Thu Jan 29 15:37:55 PST 2004

Andy,

I take exception to your statements.  I fit neither under A nor B.

I figured it like this...  I could spend $35k/year + to hire a postmaster to
keep up the spam/virus battle on our mail server, or I could pay Postini
less than $10k/year to do the same.

I have not the time myself to do this, and $25k/year or more is more than
enough reason to go with a commercial solution for spam/virus filtering.

In addition, Postini catches MUCH more spam than any open source solution I
had previously looked at.  It's not perfect by any means, but more effective
than anything I've seen in the open source arena.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks