Recommendation for "antivirus" software (MTA is qmail)

Tim Wilde twilde at dyndns.org
Tue Jan 27 10:27:13 PST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, David Wolfskill wrote:

> * qmail-scanner, clamav, and spamassassin
>   http://clamav.elektrapro.com/doc/FreeBSD-HowTo/qmail-scanner-how-to.html

I'd highly recommend ClamAV.  They had signatures for the MyDoom/Novarg
worm before most of the commercial AV vendors, and we run more 60,000
messages per day through it.  I know of people who use it for much higher
volumes.  I don't know about the qmail-scanner integration, as we use it
with Exim via exiscan and Sendmail via MIMEDefang, but the product itself
is top notch.  It is actively developed and well-maintained, and best of
all, totally free.

Tim Wilde

--
Tim Wilde