Automating Apache installs..

dap99 at i-55.com dap99 at i-55.com
Mon Jan 26 21:48:54 PST 2004

I am using FreeBSD ports to install both Apache 1.3 and PHP4. All fine and
dandy, except we use apache+modssl instead of just apache. Well, both
www/mod_php4 and lang/php4 have apache as a dependency. This means that if I
install apache+modssl and then php4 that ports will try to install apache as
well. I can of course do this:

1. Install apache
2. Install apache+modssl over apache
3. Install php4

But that's just messy. I want to automate this process, so I am trying to
avoid customizing lang/php4/Makefile (i.e., changing the DEPENDS line from
apache to apache+modssl).

Any suggestions? I am sure others here have experience with just this
problem.