Server Hardware.

Lawrence Farr freebsd-isp at epcdirect.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 03:17:41 PST 2004

I have a 1u (6013p-8) Supermicro and a 2u (6023p-8), both with
Adaptec Zero Channel U320 Raid cards. They hang solid and reliably
under heavy loads (3 simultaneous "iozone -a" in different directorys.
You can kill it under Linux or FreeBSD 4/5 this way. I've swapped discs,
firmware for discs, and now taken the ZCR out and put a Megaraid 320/1
in there. Much slower and same lockup problem. If I had to guess, I'd
point the finger at Supermicro (Latest BIOS on both, dropping to 40Mb/sec
from U320 on the ZCR's makes no difference to stability).

Apart from that, I really like them!

Lawrence Farr
EPC Direct Limited