Server Hardware.

Simon simon at optinet.com
Mon Jan 12 16:28:30 PST 2004

Well, for one, as far as I can tell, LSI has stopped developing Mylex cards,
so only the old cards are available. Second, and as I recall, in the past,
MegaRAID cards were below the quality of Mylex, which is why we went
with Mylex over MegaRAID cards. However, and perhaps, MegaRAID
SCSI 320 series kicks ass. Any input? like I said, I'm just looking for newer
solution. The reason why I asked about Adaptec zero channel series is
because they are supported by Supermicro, the motherboards we primarily
use for our servers. The idea of getting a barebone server where you don't
have to mess with custom-order cabling is very attractive. And in 1U servers,
this frees up valuable expansion slot and again avoids messy cabling.

-Simon