Moving to New Server.. Passwd Questions

Lewis Watson lists at visionsix.com
Sun Nov 30 19:42:50 PST 2003

I am moving to a new server and trying to maintain user,uid, and gid info.
I have the entire /etc directory tar'd and am wondering when I get to the
new server what I need as far as to maintain the user info files. I am
thinking passwd, master.passwd, and group. After I move these files I run
pwd_mkdb - p /etc/master.passwd. Is there any need to copy spwd.db and
pwd.db? If I understand it correctly these will be created/updated when I
run pwd_mkdb.

Also, is there a better way to  sync these files from one server to
another?
Thanks,
Lewis