Dual Ethernet NIC w/ failover

John Straiton jsmailing at clickcom.com
Wed Nov 19 10:15:33 PST 2003

I had thought about that as a possibility. My thought was if I created like
a /dev/ether0 and then symlink'ed it to /dev/fxp0, in the event of a
failure, I could just change the link over to fxp1 and my firewall rules,
dhcpd configurations, et al would still work since they were just reference
the symlink (assuming I can do something oddball like that).

I was just hoping that someone with more skill than I had put together a
more fluid means of all this happening..

Thanks,
John