Dual Ethernet NIC w/ failover

John Straiton jsmailing at clickcom.com
Wed Nov 19 07:43:13 PST 2003

Greets!
	I have seen a number of posts regarding support of the dual ethernet
cards, however I haven't seen a lot of posts regarding the availability of
dual ethernet cards with working failover software... I have a couple of the
Intel 10/100/1000's on hand but it appears that the software they use only
comes in a linux binary. I'm a bit leary of trying to shoehorn it into
working with the linux binary compatibility (assuming I could) since the
whole purpose of having a dual ethernet NIC is to take variables *out* of
the networking.
	I'm looking to try to hook a 5.1-R machine up to two separate
switches that connect to the same core and run spanning tree so that a
failure in either a switch or a network cable would automagically fail over
to the other port at the same IP.
	Does anyone have any suggestions on dual gigabit NICs that they have
been able to get into switch-failover mode?

John Straiton
jks@ clickcom.com
Clickcom, Inc
704-365-9970x101