Daily/weekly/monthly output aggregation

Kurt Jaeger lists at complx.LF.net
Mon Nov 17 12:41:04 PST 2003

Hi!

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 03:36:41PM -0500, Damian Gerow wrote:
> I 'read' roots e-mail on only a handful of systems (~50, I'd say).

Same here.

> I have a couple of ideas for a periodic status output aggregation system,
> but before I try to re-invent the wheel, what do other people do with root's
> e-mail?  Read it individually?  Parse it, and only pass on the interesting
> tidbits?  Flat out ignore it, and use other utilities to check system
> sanity?  (I've pondered doing this last one many a time.)

We plan to replace the mailed output by centrally collecting the
results and defining some sort of "needs action" output.

But, well, we're not yet there. We need a solution, as well.

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger                                  17 years to go !
LF.net GmbH        fon +49 711 90074-23  pi at LF.net