About DNS (BIND) with Database

Simon Gray simong at desktop-guardian.com
Mon Nov 17 07:49:57 PST 2003

> beware the tiny/djbdns licensing and software incompatibility
>
> his software works ONLY with his other software (so you have to
> use his logging tools for his dns servers).  the licensing is also
> a bit 'out there' wrt bsd-like licenses (his are quite restrictive)
> so choose your poison carefully.  i use bind, and have used bind
> for many years, without issue.  if you architect your environment
> and your server 'correctly' you will find that it is a well
> performing, scalable, and rather secure beast ;)

This is true. Not allowed to distribute binary copies etc.. If your existing
setup works and you're happy with it why change?

Personally I have to say having used both I prefer the way djb does things,
his programs are generally designed with security in mind plus his arrogance
makes me laugh :)

(completely off the subject)
Some amusing articles of Bernstein vs everyone else
Brad Knowles's slander - http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/knowles.html
Bernstein v. United States - http://cr.yp.to/export.html

Simon