Expiring old mail in Maildir/

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Tue May 27 04:18:29 PDT 2003

Local delivery, remote delivery, who cares?  Mail is being transferred.
If you want to use sendmail as a point of reference, then yes, sendmail
does handle local delivery.  It does so with exactly one delivery
mechinism: the pipe.

I would argue that the MTA (mail transfer agent) has nothing at all to
do with SMTP (simple mail transfer protocol), which is simply a
mechanism for clients to talk to servers and for servers to talk to
other servers.

What if I run sendmail in such a way that it's not listening for network
connections?  Is it still an MTA?

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks