Expiring old mail in Maildir/

ODHIAMBO Washington wash at wananchi.com
Sun May 25 23:56:15 PDT 2003

* Chuck Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> [20030524 19:13]: wrote:
> ODHIAMBO Washington wrote:
> >* ziggy at one2net.co.ug <ziggy at one2net.co.ug> [20030523 19:47]: wrote:
> >>if you are worried about space wouldnt something like setquota help ???
> >>so that the user knows how much space they can actually use up, also makes
> >>life easier for you the administrator.
> >
> >These users don't have shell accounts, and I do not want to use system
> >quotas. I use MTA-implemented quota.
>
> MTA's generally don't implement user quotas.  In fact, a MTA like
> sendmail doesn't even perform local delivery: the LDA, such as procmail
> or mail.local does.  Procmail or mail.local doesn't implement quotas
> either: they depend on the system to provide that functionality.

I meant mail quota - on the Maildir/ There is nothing else these users
can put on the server. They do not have shell access, and also no ftp
access. And I do MTA-imposed quota on the Maildir/
Have you heard of Exim (www.exim.org) ? It does impose quotas on the
Maildir. I do it here ;-)

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash at wananchi.com>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

Oliver's Law:
	Experience is something you don't get until just after you need
it.