Transproxy and ipfw

Shantanu Mahajan freebsd at dhumketu.cjb.net
Sun May 18 11:15:50 PDT 2003

+++ Rohit Neupane [freebsd] [18-05-03 11:56 +0545]:
| Hi,
| `ipfw add 50 fwd 127.0.0.1,3128 tcp from any to any 80`  returns ipfw:
| getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument
|
| I'm running FreeBSD 4.6 with the default kernel. I guess
| IPFIREWALL_FORWARD option is enabled in kernel.
| Do i need to enable it in /etc/rc.conf? if so then how?
|
| Thanks a lot.
| Regards,
| Rohit Neupane
| ------------------------------

options         IPFIREWALL              #firewall
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE      #enable logging to syslogd(8)
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD      #enable transparent proxy support
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100    #limit verbosity
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT    #allow everything by default
options         IPV6FIREWALL            #firewall for IPv6
options         IPV6FIREWALL_VERBOSE
options         IPV6FIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100
options         IPV6FIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT

	Above are the relavent options required in kernel.

	Other option is

	# kldload ipfw

	and then test the ipfw rule.

	Regards,