router stops working because of udp packets

Thomas Krause -CI- freebsd-isp at chef-ingenieur.de
Sat May 17 00:38:53 PDT 2003

Thank's to all for your response. I'll question the customer on Monday
and probably sell him a firewall. (Should I notice that I hate Microsoft
software?)

>   It is the Slammer worm.  It can easily generate 60Mbps of traffic on a
> fast ethernet LAN.  It seems that your router does not have enough
> resources to route that much.  Perhaps add more mbufs, and more efficient
> network cards.  If using the fxp driver, use the link0 flag to reduce
> interupts.

There is one fxp and one xl card in that box - but how to use
the link0 flag? ( 'man fxp' doesn't help)

>>BTW: 4.6.2-RELEASE-p9 is running on the router.
>

>   You should probably upgrade to 4.8 too.

Until now 4.6.2 was running very well - and I doubt that 4.8 would
forward that traffic. (Anyway, I've a reason to upgrade to 4.7 at least)

Regards,
Thomas.