Which Quad-Ehternet Card to use?

Kurt Jaeger lists at complx.LF.net
Wed May 14 01:29:53 PDT 2003

Hi!

> for some testing I need to plug four quad-ethernet cards
> into a pc and do some serious downloading for throughput analysis.

We used ZNYX boards in the past

http://www.znyx.com/products/hardware/zx340q.htm

They worked, but had a few issues with autosensing (who hasn't...),
only have binary drivers and no official 4.x with x > 4 support.

Maybe their new 370 boards are better ? Dunno. Drivers and 4.5+ is
still an issue.

We now use pyramid.de 3port adapters, Intel fxp based:

http://www.pyramid.de/d/builttosuit/3lan.shtml?id=3

Just works, no hazzle.

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger                                  17 years to go !
LF.net GmbH        fon +49 711 90074-23  pi at LF.net