Motherboard Recomendation

Tom Samplonius tom at sdf.com
Sat May 10 00:38:46 PDT 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Alvin Gunkel wrote:

> Great, that's what I get for editing the first draft!  The system has an
> Athlon XP 1900 processor in it, so the new motherboard would need to
> support that.
>
> Alvin

  Well, get a ASUS or Tyan motherboard.  ASUS has a nice one based on the
NVIDIA chipset (nForce2?).  Try to find something that can use ECC memory.
Your RAM could be bad, and your motherboard is fine, but since you aren't
using ECC, you wouldn't know.

  Riser cards are quite a problem too.  I would try to get as much stuff
on-board as possible.  Riser card problems cause all sorts of random
problems like corrupted video, and page faults.

Tom